December 29, 2011

Looking forward...

I have been busy sewing lately and am looking forward to doing some serious painting soon. I have been so busy with someone else's vision I actually forgot my own..... until recently. This bag has the Chinese symbol for Long Life in metallic gold ink. I want to really learn more about Chinese Symbols. The shapes and characters have always fascinated me. ( I think secretly that I have always wanted to learn the Chinese language! 1. to order Chinese food like a professional and 2. so I can know how to write the language. I love Chinese symbols and Hebrew characters.)

I received the bulk of the bags back from Hot Pink Style this month. Not really making the sales that I hoped but I am very happy to report that I am not discouraged from this. I know the work is good, it's just not the time for that market but I will keep plucking and picking at it... it will ripen and then I will harvest!

                                                                           Decided to add a little something to a bag I made last year. I really like this direction and am looking forward to producing a lot more of the painted flower clutch bag. I will post more pics as soon as I have more bags completed.

This bag is an upcycle from a bag I made back in 2008. I really love this painting! So much that I had to salvage what I could to remake the bag... smaller but definitely smarter.
I do love my compact bag ladies! It's ergonomically a sound design as I know so many of you like to carry large bags with your entire life in them which reeks havoc on your shoulders, back and neck. It is so much better to carry something smaller in size and only what you need.
I know, I know... we think there are things that we just can't do without but if you are not carrying a diaper bag I think your purse should be a carefree transport of the essentials; something that reflects style, class and flair and something that can make a plain outfit POP!

Be on the look out for more on this topic in the coming posts. I would love to hear from you on this! Chime in with your opinion and what about size matters to you.


See my whole collection at http://www.marionrenee.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on this blog! Each one counts to me!!!

Powered By Blogger