February 15, 2010

Back from Palm Springs...

Well as some of you know, I had my 1st show of the year in Palm Springs, CA... The Talmadge Art Show. Unfortunately, sales were not high for not only me but several other people. I spent the day encouraging myself and many others, telling them that this was the 1st show in Palm Springs and it will take some time for us to become as popular as we are in San Diego and Encinitas. 

I did get some really good reviews from many people about my collection and lots of people took my card so who knows what the future could bring... ;).

I'm happy with my new set up as it is not at all as full as I had hoped it looked (the space was a little smaller then I expected) but I did the best with what I had... here's a few pictures:

 
Surprisingly, these were taken with my camera phone and came out pretty ok. My normal set up will have more walls, no table and several display shelves. I look forward to setting up my ideal "Mobile Boutique", as my husband has coined it. I will post pictures as soon as I can on that.
My new sign got a lot of great responses and one vendor has put in an order for one for her booth....
All in all it was a nice weekend, the weather was unbelievably beautiful with the sun shiny brightly, cool breezes flowing softly and gorgeous snow capped mountain views. I love going out of town even if it's just for the weekend.

Thanks Linda for the awesome birthday/Christmas present... the digital photo picture was the perfect touch!

See my whole collection at http://www.marionrenee.com

1 comment:

  1. Wow! How excellent! Your display looked great from my perspective... this is very exciting! I'm sure you guys will come up with something creative for your portable boutique... or mobile boutique I should say! I see that you joined "The secret's in the sauce group"... congrats! there is a "if you are new" link on their site that gives more info on how to get your blog featured. If your blog is featured... thousands will see your blog, it would definately give you some more exposure! :-D Looking forward to hearing more about your progress!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on this blog! Each one counts to me!!!

Powered By Blogger